Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
VeeCAD Stripboard Editor

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wine version has library import problem. (Read 846 times)
Paul Carew
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Wine version has library import problem.
Mar 3rd, 2016 at 10:06pm

I am running version 2.36 under wine on ubuntu.

I am creating a netlist from KiCad in the Orcad PCB2 format which all goes well.

The problem I have is when I import the netlist into VeeCad and I specify either the standard libraries "C:\Program Files\VeeCAD\library\V_Standard.per" or a ".per" library that I have created which has custom outlines in, neither gets loaded ad I end up with just the "$noname" default outline. No other outlines!

Is this a known issue?

The only way I have found to be able to move forward, is to actually open the library "per" file directly that contains the outlines that I wish to use , delete the components and then import my netlist. Then I can start assigning the library outlines to my netlist components.
Paul.

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Ocean Grove, Australia
Re: Wine version has library import problem.
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 9:18am

Hello Paul

I'm not seeing this problem with V 2.36.0.0 on Wine 1.6.2 on Xubuntu 15.10, and I am not getting problem reports from other users (at least not yet).

Some questions that might assist:
  • If you open the help file and perform the tutorial at "Tutorials -> Netlist Import with Libraries", does the import find the libraries?
  • Have you used one of the previous versions with success, or is this your first encounter with VeeCAD?
  • If you go Netlist -> Import, is there a checkbox beside the library?

Roger

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Ocean Grove, Australia
Re: Wine version has library import problem.
Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 2:24am

Resolved by email!

VeeCAD is confirmed to be working correctly under Wine. Problem was due to a Kicad netlist with all components having a footprint name of "$noname".

Solution - use the Kicad symbol libraries provided with VeeCAD, or else set footprint names from within Kicad editor.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2016 at 4:53am by Roger Lascelles »  

Roger

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print