Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Auto Router (Read 3207 times)
andries
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Auto Router
Mar 25th, 2016 at 11:21am

How can I evaluate the Auto Router without buying VeeCAD ?

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Ocean Grove, Australia
Re: Auto Router
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 4:44am

Hello Andries

You can download a demo from http://veecad.com/special/VeeCAD_2_36_2_1_Demo.zip . The ZIP file contains an executable you should place in your VeeCAD install folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\VeeCAD or similar. Run this executable for a demo version of full VeeCAD with file saving disabled.

Some tips when evaluating the router:
  • The router is only as good as the inital component placement you give it.
  • Please follow the router tutorial at the Help File topic "Tutorials -> Auto Router"
  • Further information is under the Help File section "Auto Router"
  • The router benefits typical small projects that have 1 to 4 ICs with supporting components.
  • The router is of little benefit for projects that contain only resistors, capacitors and transistors.
The main benefit of VeeCAD is not the router. The big benefits are: 1) Known correct layouts. 2)Very compact layouts. 3)Fast time to complete. 4)Proper electronic CAD process of linked schematic and board. 5)Ability to modify and reuse projects.

Roger

IP Logged

andries
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Re: Auto Router
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 8:05am

Thanks for the reply Roger. I must say I am impressed with the capabilities of Veecad. The best thing about Veecad is the fact that you can place the components before starting to build. For a hobbyist this is all I need as a PCB for me is overkill. I drew a schematic in Designspark and imported the netlist into Veecad with very minor issues.
I designed a solar LDO battery charger with a LM2941 which has a unique pinout. But I used the TO220 5 lead package for that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print