Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
VeeCAD Stripboard Editor

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Yikes that's a shock... (Read 941 times)
n3twrk
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Yikes that's a shock...
Oct 12th, 2016 at 10:37am

I don't know if here's the place to pass on any concerns about a product that's plainly great and is growing but I need to add my experiences.

I discovered the free version of VeeCAD and TinyCad a few weeks ago and in a short time frame had VC doing most of what I needed to make a prototype project I'm making for my home test bench to move forward.

To make better sense of things I thought it good practice to join the Forums and to actually buy VC.... (reward due where rewards are deserved sort of thing)...

Interestingly I noted the price quoted changed a few times from USD to my countries and back to USD and a tax was added from somewhere for some unknown reason. Interesting to me because when buying from overseas I have never seen a tax added on the quoted price of something ever for the hundreds of online purchases I made in the past without it being mentioned upfront...

Then came the next Doozey. I downloaded the paid up copy and installed it only to come slap up against a registration passcode request that I don't have because it hasn't arrived.... That left me with no access to my current VeeCAD project.... so I had to uninstall and go back to the free version.... and back to point zero....

Personally, for whatever reason this sort of process isn't very professional. When you have paid up and yes I might have missed something but ..... really? Being made hoopah-dooped with software you've bought isn't really the best look for it's reliability and my promoting by word of mouth into the future....

I hope I'll be able to use the colour options..... eventually.  Wink

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Ocean Grove, Australia
Re: Yikes that's a shock...
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 10:11am

Welcome to the forum, n3twrk!

So good to hear that an electronics professional has considered VeeCAD worth buying. Thank you for your honest feedback.

I think the "buy VeeCAD" page at http://veecad.com/buy.html gives a degree of warning:

"1 User licence : US $26.26 (webstore accepts several currencies)"
    "You will be emailed a registration code within 48 hours."

I can't do anything about the price movements, because exchange rates vary continually. I will think over the registration code situation.

Roger

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Ocean Grove, Australia
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 11:59am

Now about that tax "from somewhere for some unknown reason".

You can check the reason for a tax on the receipt you received by email, or on the webstore before committing to transfer of funds. It should be a tax that you recognise from your home country. For example, VAT for the United Kingdom, US state taxes.

Some countries require that "digital services" be charged local taxes, and the Esellerate web store always complies and sends the tax to the government of that country. Many online sellers use direct PayPal to avoid tax, but I am not prepared to run up a liability in case some country decides to chase me for back taxes.

If you were incorrectly charged tax, please contact me, and I will refund you.

Roger

IP Logged

dcb
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 4:37pm

In Roger's defence:  when I lost my registration code in a minor upset which necessitated re-installing vee-cad he had the code back to me within 12 hours of my asking.

And cut him some slack.  He is a one man company selling a sophisticated product at a very low price.  You can't expect the microSoft level of service from him (yes that is irony)

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Ocean Grove, Australia
Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 1:40am

n3twrk points out that his purchase experience was not what he expected. I hear his message.

Thanks n3twrk and dcb for your posts. This thread is valuable and I am locking it because I think enough has been said.

Roger

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print