Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
VeeCAD Stripboard Editor

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are TinyCAD Library Warnings for Real ? (Read 8508 times)
C A BROWN
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

LIVERPOOL
Are TinyCAD Library Warnings for Real ?
Dec 20th, 2006 at 2:26pm

Hellow everyone, I am new to cad , so here we go. The VeeCAD tutorial warns users off employing items from the TINYCAD librarys, yet we have to use TINYCAD to create symbols   for our own libaray , either by drawing new ones,  or copying existing ones. Is there a contradiction in this. Thanks BROWNIE
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2006 at 10:03pm by Roger Lascelles »  

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Re: Are TinyCAD Library Warnings for Real ?
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2006 at 11:50pm

TinyCAD before V2.60.01 would omit some wire to pin connections from the netlist.  You could avoid this by turning on the snap to fine grid in the symbol and schematic editors, so the wire end was exactly on the pin end.  Many TinyCAD libraries are drawn with snap to grid off, causing connection errors everywhere.  The errors didn't matter to people who used TinyCAD to draw a schematic picture without a netlist.

TinyCAD V2.60.01 seems to be better at detecting wires joined to pins, but I need to experiment more. I'll post here in a few days when I have made some tests.

I am interested to hear from other TinyCAD users.   Does V2.60.01 solve the off-grid connection problems?  Please link to or attach TinyCAD libraries you can recommend.

Roger

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2006 at 1:52am

TinyCAD Warnings now Obsolete!

Tests show that TinyCAD V2.60.01 properly detects all wire to pin connections, so you are free to use any library symbols from the internet.  Just note that VeeCAD requires:

- a Package parameter for each symbol

- pin numbers contain only the characters 0..9

Roger

IP Logged

gtech
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Quebec, Canada
Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2007 at 3:21pm

I've been using TinyCAD libraries for a while without problems.

I made my own libray from my prefered TinyCAD components, and added my standard VeeCAD Packages to go with that.

It is then faster to go from a schematic to a layout because we always use the same components most of the time.

Gilles

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print