Send Topic Print
Question about Cuts (Read 2939 times)
Mike
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Question about Cuts
May 7th, 2007 at 4:10pm

Greetings,
I've just recently begun contemplating stripboard for prototyping circuits and came across your program when working on a layout.  I really like the way it works and just placed an order for the full version.

One question though, and being a stripboard newbie may be the issue here.  Is it difficult to isolate cuts to just being between two adjacent holes?  I have some LED's that have a native 5mm spacing on the legs, but unless I arrange them across the strips, there's no real way to make a break between adjacent legs that I can tell (at least within VeeCAD).  Am I missing something or is it just common procedure to knock out an entire pad when making a break?

Thanks,
Mike Webster

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Re: Question about Cuts
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2007 at 12:07am

Hello Mike

To shift a cut (break) half way, hold down ALT and click the cut.

Years ago, I used half way breaks a lot to save space, but now I am more interested in a neat, reliable, no-shorts, easy to build layout. I want breaks to be obvious when I am faultfinding, not narrow cuts between holes.  VeeCAD lets you make a compact layout anyway, because you can move stuff easily.  On-hole breaks are easy to make with a drill bit or track cut tool. 

For your LEDs you may want half way breaks.

Roger

Roger

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Re: Question about Cuts
Reply #2 - May 8th, 2007 at 12:56am

Thanks for the quick response.

Normally, I'm in your camp when it comes to compactness versus ease of layout and troubleshooting, but for this first project I'm laying out, I need it to fit into a small handheld case.  So thanks, this helps me a lot.   Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print