Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
VeeCAD Stripboard Editor

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slightly different Protel format (Read 2824 times)
amrbekhit
YaBB Newbies

West Yorkshire, UK
Slightly different Protel format
Jan 19th, 2008 at 8:30am

Hello,

I bought VeeCad several months back but only used it properly yesterday and I have to say I'm really impressed. Thanks for the useful software! I used to hate stripboard building because designing it was a pain for me. Now, stripboard is much more practical.

To the point, it seems that there is a slightly different Protel format than the one used by VeeCad - the only difference I can see in the files is that this format uses a comma ',' instead of a hyphen '-' in the nets section of the file, e.g.:

(
NetR101_2
R101,2
R102,1
R103,2
)

instead of

(
NetR101_2
R101-2
R102-1
R103-2
)

So a simple find and replace in notepad makes the netlist file usable by VeeCad, but it would be nice if the importer was updated to use commas as well as hyphens.

--Amr

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Re: Slightly different Protel format
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2008 at 3:24am

Hello Amr !

Another user emailed about this, so I have added this format to the new VeeCAD release coming in a few weeks.  The format will be a separate netlist type, named "Tango". 

The "Protel" and "Tango" terms seem to get interchanged, plus the files look similar, so I have been confused.  My present understanding is that the formats are identical, except Protel uses "-" and Tango uses "," .

Glad you like VeeCAD.
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2008 at 6:18am by Roger Lascelles »  

Roger

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print