Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
VeeCAD Stripboard Editor

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TO92 pin numbering in V_Standard.per (Read 2830 times)
madox
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

TO92 pin numbering in V_Standard.per
Aug 28th, 2008 at 4:01am

Hi folk,

Just a heads up on using the TO92 footprint (outline) from the V_Standard.per library, by Roger. I am using a TO92 BC546 NPN, and according to the On Semiconductor data sheet, the pin numbering is the opposite of what is used in this numbering. I don't know if there may be variations in the packaging standard, but it is probably worth double checking when using this outline.

I have just added a TO92R outline to the library, with a pinout to match my data sheet. This is quick and easy for anyone to do, but if anyone would like a copy of my version of the library, just let me know in this thread.

Cheers,

madox

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Re: TO92 pin numbering in V_Standard.per
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 5:56am

Hi Madox

Datasheets from different manufacturers show different pin numbers, even for the same device.  So its best to use your own standard system for all manufacturers and ignore the datasheet numbers.   Otherwise, you end up with 8 different TO-92s etc and it all gets too hard - especially when you decide to redraw a shape and have to duplicate it 8 times.

I am trying to help my users keep libraries simple - as explained at http://veecad.com/resource/parts/cadsanity.html - and a single system of pin numbering complements that.

Roger

IP Logged

madox
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Re: TO92 pin numbering in V_Standard.per
Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 12:41pm

Roger Lascelles wrote on Aug 28th, 2008 at 5:56am:
Hi Madox

Datasheets from different manufacturers show different pin numbers, even for the same device.  So its best to use your own standard system for all manufacturers and ignore the datasheet numbers.  

Hi Roger,

Thanks for pointing that out. So some packages don't really have a standard to conform to, with regards to pin numbering. That's worth knowing. I guess the thing to do is just keep a standard for the footprint/outline, and make sure that the schematic symbols for each device corresponds to the correct geometry.

Cheers,

madox

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print