Send Topic Print
suggestions (Read 2400 times)
MarkM
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

suggestions
Sep 29th, 2008 at 12:21pm

1) Erase a link or break.

2) Erase components but leave them in my components list.

3) Have an option to "start over".  Leave the components where they are placed and erase all the links and breaks.

4) Make the program more Windows oriented.  For example, Ctrl-A would select everything in the outline list.

5) Copy and paste from one project to another. Just like Outlines.

6) Faster way to select outlines for components.  Make the components outline editable.  I can cut and paste what I need for
    and outline faster then clicking through with the mouse.  (My poor finger.  Cry)

I plan on making my own Eagle library to match Veecad outlines but it would still be nice to see some of the suggestions.

I did buy it.  Very useful thanks.

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Re: suggestions
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 1:42pm

Hello Mark

Thanks for the thoughtful input.  I'll respond to each item.

1) Erase a link or break.

Click on a link or break - it will turn red.  Now press the Delete key.

2) Erase components but leave them in my components list.

If you delete a component, you no longer need it.  See "Big Picture" below.

3) Have an option to "start over".  Leave the components where they are placed and erase all the links and breaks.

Click Select -> Breaks and press Delete.  Click Select -> Links and press Delete.

4) Make the program more Windows oriented.  For example, Ctrl-A would select everything in the outline list.

Yes, the outline list could use more shortcut keys, and Ill put that on my job list.

5) Copy and paste from one project to another. Just like Outlines.

Copy-paste can't provide a netlist to go with the duplicated parts.  See "Big Picture" below.

6) Faster way to select outlines for components.  Make the components outline editable.  I can cut and paste what I need for an outline faster then clicking through with the mouse.  (My poor finger.  cry)

Yes, this can use improvement.  However, you never use this with coordinated libraries. See "Big Picture" below.

I plan on making my own Eagle library to match Veecad outlines but it would still be nice to see some of the suggestions.

Excellent.  Once you have done this, the pain will disappear.  You are welcome to post your new libraries to the forum!

I did buy it.  Very useful thanks.

The Big Picture

Along with a schematic editor, VeeCAD forms a factory for churning out layouts.  But the factory must be set up first.  Once your schematic and PCB libraries are coordinated, you can go 1,2,3 and out of your printer pops a schematic and board layout. Without those coordinated libraries, you have do everything manually, which is why you feel the need for flexibility in duplicating parts.  Once the outlines live in a library, parts are made in quantity at netlist import time with zero effort.

I do offer my users a fully built "factory" - install TinyCAD with the supplied libraries.

With the Free version, many users just import the netlist and build the outlines on the spot in a few minutes.  But both Free and Commercial versions perform poorly if you don't draw a schematic and export a netlist.

Roger

IP Logged

MarkM
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Re: suggestions
Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 3:03pm

Referring to your "Big Picture"(http://veecad.com/resource/parts/cadsanity.html); I looked at how Eagle label pin numbers on passive components; they don't.  It's labeled Pas 0 on each end of a resistor.  I see what you mean.

Some of my questions and suggestions , I'm trying to throw all the work on to VeeCad so I don't have to.  Wink

Most people aren't using stripboards to make complicated circuits.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print