Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
VeeCAD Stripboard Editor

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
VeeCAD - dual & quad opamps (Read 8390 times)
malcolm
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

VeeCAD - dual & quad opamps
Jan 5th, 2009 at 11:53am

malcolm.maitland@gmail.co.za
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Check Up ?
Jan 5th, 2008.
Thanks for the prompt reply, but I've come across another problem:

I am using a dual opamp, the TL072. In the circuit diagram in TinyCAD, it is depicted as two separate "components", U1 and U2, but as you know, it is a single DIP8 package. TinyCAD therefore builds the netlist as two components, whereas in VeeCAD I want to treat it as one component. The problem would be even worse if it was a quad opamp. How should dual and quad opamps be handled? (I will probably kick myself when I hear the answer)

Thanks, Malcolm

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Re: VeeCAD - dual & quad opamps
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 12:34pm

Hello Malcolm

Click on TL072 symbol and the TinyCAD tool window will appear.  Set the Ref value to "U1" and in the small box next to the ref value, type "A" to select the first part of the chip.  Click on the second symbol and set the Ref to U1 also and set to part "B".  Now TinyCAD will include a single TL072 in the netlist.

If you open the V_Linear library in the library editor, you can inspect the multipart chips and see how each part can be drawn separately.

Don't let TinyCAD generate the multipart symbol references, because it will mess it up, so set them yourself.

Roger

IP Logged

malcolm
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Dual and quad opamps
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 12:00pm

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the help.  Smiley

I could not find a library called V_linear amongst the libraries in TinyCAD. In one of the libraries I did find a TL072 (analogue library, I think). This symbol is the only one of this type in all the libraries. I went to the TinyCAD site but could not find V_linear there either. Could you please let me know where to find it?

Another thing - in the free version is it possible to mark on the diagram, either the component designation (e.g. R1) or the value (e.g. 10k)?

Greetings from sunny Cape Town,

and Malcolm

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Re: VeeCAD - dual & quad opamps
Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 1:25pm

VeeCAD V2.12.1.0 gives you 6 TinyCAD library files - typically at c:\Program Files\VeeCAD\Library\TinyCAD.  These files contain quality symbols drawn in proportion.  New VeeCAD releases install revised versions of these libraries, so don't edit them - instead start your own libraries to use in addition.  You can save a lot of trouble by using these supplied libraries.

The Full version creates components automatically at netlist import, provided schematic footprint names match VeeCAD library names - and the supplied TinyCAD symbols do match.

The Free version does not create components automatically from library files, but see in the Help file at the end of the Netlist Import tutorial for workarounds.  Specifically, if you use a copy of V_Standard.per as your new project file, you get all the symbols ready for use in your new project and those symbols will be used when you do a netlist import.

Sorry, but the free version does not have component text.

Roger

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print