Send Topic Print
Tiny Cad (Read 5101 times)
DaveJS
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Wales UK
Tiny Cad
Feb 20th, 2009 at 10:21am

I thought that Veecad users might like to know that a new version of TinyCad (2.70.00 Build173) is now available for download. I've tried it and it looks like the problem with parts of the circuit becoming disconnected when the circuit was saved has now been fixed. Smiley

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Re: Tiny Cad
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 11:57am

Thanks for pointing that out!.

The TinyCAD project is alive again with a development team fixing and enhancing.  More than ever, TinyCAD is an excellent choice.

Roger

IP Logged

MSimon
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Rockford, Illinois, USA
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 3:00am

I have been using version 2.60.01 and it just "ate" my libraries and it will not recognize the libraries that came with the package.

The error message is: The libraries were developed by a later version. Except this is not so.

The previously entered schematics are fine. The library files still exist.

BTW up till this glitch I have been extremely happy with TinyCAD. I'm using it to develop eqpt for among other things:

http://iecfusiontech.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 7:09am

I hope you had a backup!  I run TortoiseSVN to backup my projects and libraries.

With hundreds of hours on V2.60.01 and more on earlier versions, I have not seen library corruption, but we can all be unlucky.  The JET database engine is not bomb proof, software has bugs and hardware runs with a finite probability of error.

Roger

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print