Send Topic Print
List of track breaks (Read 3984 times)
PeterM
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

List of track breaks
Jul 8th, 2009 at 11:02am

Hi Roger,

I am a some time user (registered in 2008?), but first time poster, so hi to all.

Thanks for a great little program. Definitely worth the asking price if you count your time as worth anything!

Is it possible to display or export a list of the coordinates for the track breaks in a project? I've looked but failed to find a way.

If not, can I put in a request for one please? Another page on the Board/Materials menu item would seem to be a good place perhaps? It strikes me as something which would probably not be too difficult to implement, and would facilitate the breaks to be done by a CNC mill relatively easily. That would eliminate one more source of human errors.

At the moment, I use Copy Graphic and then mirror the image (since the breaks are on the back of the board) in a graphics program as an aid to cutting them by hand, but even then, there is more room for errors than I care for.

Thanks,
Peter

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Re: List of track breaks
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 1:30pm

Hello Peter

Yes, I will add a breaks tab on the Materials page, listing x y coords.  I expect it to be in the next release.

The CNC milling sounds interesting.

Roger

IP Logged

PeterM
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2009 at 12:44am

Thanks Roger.

That sounds like exactly what I need. I can then cut the coords and paste them into a text file from where I can programmatically convert them into G-code for the mill, thereby eliminating the chance of typos.

Of course, export straight to G-code would be even better, but I understand that that would take more work of course, and I guess that at the moment I'm a customer base of 1! (Of course, if you did want to get that adventrous, I'd be glad to help.)

Thanks again. I shall eagerly await the next release!

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2009 at 4:44am

If its any use to you, the data can be read from the .per file which is a simple text format. Look for the [Breaks] section. See Reference -> Project File Format section in help file.  You'd need to write a program utility to extract it and make the router file.

Roger

IP Logged

PeterM
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 12:46pm

Thanks for that idea Roger. That looks like a very good possibility. I don't know why I didn't think to look in there myself!

Kind regards,

Peter

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print