Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
VeeCAD Stripboard Editor

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
VeeCAD - pin number visibility and row/column nos. (Read 536 times)
Richard, Birmingham UK
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

VeeCAD - pin number visibility and row/column nos.
Jan 22nd, 2017 at 5:35pm

Hi there -

Have just tried VeeCAD for the first time on my first veroboard project, very easy to use but I got a bit lost with a couple of things - could someone point me in the right direction please?

1) Pin numbering - I can allocate pin numbers/symbols, but can't find a wasy of showing them on the drawing or the printed layout e.g.+/- on capacitor outlines, and C/B/E on transistors. Am I missing a trick?

2) Printing the layout - row and column numbers start with good le zero e.g. 0-24. But numbering from 1 e.g. 1-25 would be more useful. How do I do this?

Thank you for your time - Richard

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Ocean Grove, Australia
Re: VeeCAD - pin number visibility and row/column nos.
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 5:26am

Welcome to the forum, Richard.

1) If you look at some of the sample layouts provided with VeeCAD, you easily identify the "interesting end" of components. Diodes have the cathode stripe, and electrolytics have the anode stripe at the + end. ICs and connectors have a box around Pin 1. There are parts which cannot be inserted wrongly, like many 3 pin trimpots, and these may not have a polarity mark on pin 1. Resistors don't show polarity, but you can change that. On the VeeCAD menu, go Board -> Outlines and find a resistor outline in the list. Click the "show reference" checkbox to turn the stripe on or off.

2) Don't count holes - use sticky label strips to make "rulers". Then starting from "0" will make sense. See image below.

Rulers.jpg (4 KB | 33 )
Rulers.jpg

Roger

IP Logged

Richard, Birmingham UK
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Re: VeeCAD - pin number visibility and row/column nos.
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 8:33pm

OK thankyou

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print