Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
VeeCAD Stripboard Editor

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
G code on a 2D XY plotter (Read 1948 times)
Crusty
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

G code on a 2D XY plotter
Jul 21st, 2018 at 4:58pm

@Roger
Hi sorry if I get this wrong but first time posting but long time user of VeeCad.
Just thought you might like to know that the G code option has worked out well using a 2D XY plotter Eleksdraw.
I have been able to dot the points for hand cutting with great accuracy. I do intend to go to 3D Mill when money becomes available.
However I am wondering if it would be possible to offer G code for the top surface so I could plot the links This could also work for 3D mill if a pen was used in place of cutter.
This has been a brilliant extra for my VeeCad use.

I have an article on EEWeb at the moment that shows how I use VeeCad.

Best Crusty  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Re: G code on a 2D XY plotter
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 5:06am

Hello Crusty

I enjoyed your article at https://www.eeweb.com/profile/conrad-mannering/articles/crusty-bits-using-stripb... . Great writing style. I too have "retired" and am flat out fixing up around the house.

I don't own a plotter, 3D printer or mill, so I rely on users to tell me what they need. So your post is welcome.

This isn't a promise, but I hope to offer a G-code file for the top view - with different elements able to be selected - say links, breaks, wires & components. It'll have a configuration file so you can set up your own pen-up pen-down sequences and movement speeds. I need a couple of months on another job before I can get started.

Roger

IP Logged

Crusty
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Re: G code on a 2D XY plotter
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 7:59am

@Roger,
That would be a great leap forward in the plotting direct world.

If you get to tackle the top side layout update for G code, then another possibility would be to annotate the links with an option to show the length of the links in hole to hole measurements It would save having to count them on the printout.

Glad you liked the article, a lot of polish comes from Max the Editor.
Best

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print