Send Topic Print
Designator Text (Read 1411 times)
dcb
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

sk23
Designator Text
Oct 25th, 2018 at 6:27pm

Is there a way to globally hide all the designation?  It is a real nuisance having to move the designator before being able to move the component.

And, as an aside why does the cursor always pick the text in preference to the component when you click on the component.   ORCAD and Protel also behaved that way so there is probably a good reason for it, but I can't fathom it.

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Re: Designator Text
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2018 at 4:55am

Hello David

You can control text display with the three rightmost toolbar buttons - "designators", "values" and "hide text".

VeeCAD selects text in preference to a component, and selects a small component in preference to a larger overlapping component. Mostly that lets you do everything by carefully choosing where you click with the mouse. Some programs show a pop-up menu so you can select from all the items that are under the mouse, but that is annoying.

If you move the mouse around while looking at the X,Y readout at the bottom left of the window, you will see fine movement within a cell is not actually changing the click X,Y. That can fool your perception of what you are clicking on.

Roger

IP Logged

dcb
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

sk23
Re: Designator Text
Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2018 at 4:49pm

Thank you, Roger, for the prompt reply.  I abase myself for not seeing the button Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print