Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
VeeCAD Stripboard Editor

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Don't want to import some TinyCad parts (Read 172 times)
Larry Bradley
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Don't want to import some TinyCad parts
Jan 11th, 2022 at 9:53pm

I have a design that has some components off-board (e.g. pots, switches, LEDs ... I use connectors to connect these devices to the board, thus the VeeCad layout shows the connectors. But I would like to show the off-board devices on the TinyCad schematic so that I have a schematic off the entire project.

I tried using the idea of another member of deleting some tracks to make an empty space and placing the off-board components there after importing. But that disables routing.
A nice way handling this would be for TinyCad to allow me to specify a "don't export" option for a component, and I plan on asking the TinyCad developers about this. But is there any way to do this in VeeCad?
Thanks.

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Re: Don't want to import some TinyCad parts
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 1:47am

My solution is to put connectors on the schematic and add say an external pot or switch as a TinyCAD drawing using lines and shapes. That way TinyCAD ignores the drawing when creating the netlist and bill of materials but the human eye can see what connects where. I would draw a potentiometer with 3 lines going near the connector as an indication of what will go there. The drawing looks different to the TinyCAD wires and components and I don't confuse them.

Also relates to our earlier forum thread: https://veecad.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1434403431

Roger

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print