Your message here...

VeeCAD
Dec 31st, 2008 at 9:07am

malcolm.maitland@gmail.co.za
YaBB Newbies

Your message here...

Check Up ?
Dec 30th, 2008, 10:25am
I'm exploring, and enjoying, Veecad free version for the fist time, and I have 2 questions (not very strange for me!) :

1. I have entered my schematic diagram in TinyCAD and exported the netlist. I have imported the netlist into VeeCAD and I have manually built up the stripboard and link wires in VeeCAD and I have got all my outlines correct. Now I would like to know if I have made any errors on my stripboard layout - does it agree with my schematic?. Can I get VeeCAD to check this?

2. I built up my stripboard layout in VeeCAD, having imported the netlist as normal. I then discovered that there were two changes I wanted to make to the schematic. This would result in a new netlist. The layout is 99% correct in VeeCAD. I don't fancy starting all over again laying out the components and links, but I think there is no way round this. Is this assumption correct, or is there a way?

Thanks, Malcolm

IP Logged

Roger Lascelles
Administrator

Clifton Springs, Australia
Re: VeeCAD
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 12:39pm

Hello Malcolm  - welcome to the forum !

1.  Your layout is correct when:
  • Netlist -> Validation Tab shows no errors
  • Netlist -> Project Tab shows no errors
  • Net Errors button is down and no red lines or dots visible on layout
  • You have not placed more than one pin in each hole

2.  I find that most prototypes require a couple of changes.  Alter your schematic then re-import the netlist into your VeeCAD layout.  Your layout is retained, required new components appear, the net error display reflects the changes and the Netlist -> Project Tab lists unused components.  Now you can find the least disruptive layout changes.
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2009 at 11:53am by Roger Lascelles »  

Roger

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print